Saturday, October 16, 2010

There is never enough time....

There never seems to be enough time to get everything done that you want done...because of this I guess you just have to let some things go? 
I have tried to incorporate some things into my day that help me to multi-task to try and get more into my day.  I started a few months ago doing what I call -  "Take 5".  When I say "Take 5" everyone has to stop whatever they are doing and take 5 minutes to do some type of cleaning.  You have to spend the entire 5 minutes doing something.  This seems to help, but if I try and do it too many times in a day I get plenty of grumbles...lol. 
I also recently started to make myself pick something up when I left one room to go to another.  I don't know about you but I constantly have things in one room that need to go back to another room. IE: Quilting Magazines in my bedroom that need to go back to my studio.  That potholder that somehow ended up on my computer desk - how did that get there anyways?
I don't like to spend my entire time off cleaning and sometimes it seems like you could do just that, if you let it suck up your life.  I think I would rather be known as a little bit messy and have some time to myself to enjoy things...what about you? 
I think that next year is going to be a big changing period in my life because I suspect both of my boys will be going off on their own and that will leave me with no one to blame the messes on but myself.  I am pretty sure that things will be much more orderly but then I wonder if I am going to miss the grumbling about getting your clothes to the laundry room, or leaving that glass on the coffee table. Not to mention the quiet...
I would love to hear how you manage to squeeze more into your day, or even how you have decided to let things go...
Today while I let things go I will be finishing up my Summer Sampler Quilt - all that's left is the binding, putting my customers Memory Quilt in the Longarm to quilt, working on a beautiful New York Beauty pattern that I haven't shown yet (its a surprise!) and hanging my Knotty Thoughts quilt up in the living room now that the Horny Toad has been applied to it. :)   What are you working on? 

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Linda

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, all the best to you. I guess all quilters have the same chores..but just try to the best for the day. I am glad I am able to join your blog. Take care and hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help with making more time in the day. I can't seem to anything done these days including quilting. bummer. I love, love, love your avatar. New York Beauty quilts are my favorites. Can't wait to see your new one, and, glad I found your blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete